Its spring time and the holidays are behind us and you now want to list your home. Well with a little spring cleaning and some very cost efficient staging ideas you can have your home up and ready to sell in no time.
Here are some simple and either free or very little expense staging ideas that every home seller should do:
- Clear away clutter, nick knacks and excessive personal things (pictures, magnets on the refrigerator, unkempt books and magazines, etc). Remember the potential home shopper needs to see themselves living there.
- Remove anything that may offend some people (political and controversial art). Yes we know it’s your home and something you may love but keep in mind you are opening your home to sell and it should be “neutral” as little things can change how it shows and not in a good way.
- Spring time means Spring Cleaning! This sounds obvious for most but really go the extra mile and clean like its never been cleaned before.
- Paint any room or object that looks weathered and doesn’t look fresh or new.
- Stain decks or patios and bring them back to life.
- Style the dining room table and other cabinets with a new look. This is way easy and you can simply Google for great ideas and photos for free on line.
- Buy new linen and sheets if you need them.
- Plant new flowers and planters as a little bit of color goes a long way.
- Power wash any walkways and pool area as well as gutters & garage doors.
- Check all light fixtures and light-bulbs, these ALL should work. Remember to aim any track lights on a fixture or art piece to maximize appeal and lighting.
Call 305.778.0244 today for a free home value analysis and for other staging ideas today. Remember homes that are staged properly tend to have higher resale by 3-5% over those that do not.